Pages

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Walking in a Winter Wonderland...

...Sleigh bells ring, are you listening?

That song is stuck in my head. And i'm happy about it.

I actually can't believe that Bonfire Night is on MONDAY(not tomorrow, I meant next week woops heheh)! We're celebrating it  on Sunday though - so even earlier!
See, last year I was REALLY excited about Christmas around September time, and my mum said that I was allowed to listen to Christmas songs, go Christmas shopping, and generally be excited for Christmas - after Fireworks/Bonfire Night! :D
This year I've been more into Autumn, as i don't like counting down to Christmas because it goes waaay to fast if you do - but I have been watching Christmas programmes, singing Christmas songs, and baking Christmassy things because you know what? IT'S NEARLY THE TIME FOR FESTIVITIES.
Let's just say in November, the festivities begin!

So I woke up, thinking I'd slept in WAAAY too long - I went to the kitchen after getting dressed and ready (i wasn't really in the mood for a lazy Sunday pyjama morning), and saw it was 9:44. Yep, I'd slept in late. So I made myself breakfast (these SUPER DUPER YUMMY oaty clusters from Waitrose with a chopped banana, soya milk and a chai tea and clementine on the side) and went to the living room to blog, youtube, etc - I looked up at the clock and OH SNAP it was 8:59?! Turns out, the hour had changed. Wow that was a long paragraph for such a boring story...

Yep, after hours of internet-ing, I got grumpy and decided to some crafty stuff but we had none of the essential materials or anything! So i opened up my scrap book and saw the salt dough Christmas deccies recipe thing from Kirstie's Handmade Christmas!
I AM OBSESSED WITH THAT PROGRAM :D It makes me feel so cosy and crafty and Christmassy!

My Christmas decorations are in the oven now; it was so much fun to make! And so easy!
Half a cup of salt (mmmm, tasty.), a cup of flour - then slowly pour in half a cup of water, and knead (it says for ten minutes but I did mine for about five heheh) until you get a soft, pliable ball of dough! Then roll onto a floured surface, cut out shapes, and either microwave for 2-3 minutes, or leave them to airdry for a couple of days OR do what I've done, and put them in the oven on the lowest heat until they harden (I've put the timer on for an hour)! Then paint, decorate, and hang on your tree! Obviously mine will have about a month of storage time, but it's good to be prepared!

I remember making salt dough decorations at school, in year 1 I think. I've still got mine - it's a lumpy massive heart, with rubbish red painting and cloves sticking out of it. It's "rustique", okay? But it smells AWESOME. To me, cloves smell just like Christmas <3

Soooo yeah! I'll talk to you later, byeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment