Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Easy Basil Pesto Sauce!

My family and I were really disappointed when we found out that shop bought pesto pretty much ALWAYS has Parmesan in (which has got rennet in, a product derived from a cows insides). This pesto recipe I LOVE, it tastes so... Real. If you've had shop bought all your life this may taste different but as I love garlic and basil (super foods!) I love this recipe :)

I'm afraid I don't have a picture, but it's a slightly pale green colour, though it gets darker as it heats with the pasta :) its just so yummy!
this is quite a loose recipe, as it does depend on taste. Add more or less garlic, basil, lemon juice, etc it really depends on how you like it! But the recipe down below is how I make it
Ingredients:

  • A large handful of basil (also, this only served four lunch sized portions, and it was quite pesto-y so this may make enough for more but you may have to stretch it a little bit)
  • Three cloves of garlic
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 1/4 cup of lemon juice
  • 1/2 cup of olive oil
  • A large handful of walnuts
So, to make just out everything in a food processor, test it and adjust to taste then stir in with hot pasta, put broccoli and tomato on the side and that's it! So easy and yummmmy!


Esh
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment