Pages

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Incredible Vegan Chocolate Sponge Brownies!

Hello!
Second recipe post ;)

So, today I made these INCREDIBLE brownies. They were light, sponge-y - almost more like a beautiful chocolate sponge pudding rather than a brownie, HEAVENLY.
Now I know they use a LOT of stuff, and this made around 20-30 brownies... That's a lot of brownies. But do no worry if the soya milk doesn't completely blend in with the mixture at first; it will in the end.
I got this lovely recipe from this girl's blog, and i only used one different ingredient than her :)

I am going to try and make my own cake without a recipe soon... Well, at some point.

Okay, here are the ingredients:

  • 340g of self raising flour
  • 4tpsp of unsweetend cocoa powder (I used the lovely Green&Blacks)
  • A good pinch of salt (this i think must be essential, as salt really brings out the taste of chocolate - though personally I believe i must have saltaphobia as I hate it; it's essential in this.)
  • 340g of sugar (i used half golden caster sugar, then we ran out so I topped up the rest with plain white caster sugar.)
  • 1tbsp of golden syrup
  • 150ml of sunflower oil
  • 2 1/2tsp of vanilla paste (you can use vanilla extract (not essence) but ooh if you want to splurge, get the paste - you can even see the seeds it's so pure and... yummy!)
  • 450ml of soya milk
Preheat your oven to 190c.
First, sift together the flour and cocoa powder - I think sifting is important in this because you want the brownie mixture as smoooooth and nice-y nice as possible ^_^
Then, add in the sugar and salt and then around half of the oil and mix mix mix mix!
Then, add the golden syrup and the rest of the oil, mix and then add the vanilla paste/extract - If you have paste and add it in before the oil, it lumps up and then it's not sort of spread evenly, so put it after the oil.
Give the mixture some good old elbow grease (not literal grease, just mix it loooots) - you might feel some guns coming on your arms :'D



Then add in half of the milk, mix, then the other half. Like I said earlier, the milk might not mix in all at once so just have some patience and keep stirring. Then transfer into a brownie pan (I used a rectangular thinnish one and a loaf tin because there was so much mixture!) - leave a little space at the top as these rise ^_^ Then sprinkle a couple of dark chocolate chips (I used dark chocolate buttons cut up into quarters or so)
Then pop in the oven for 25-30 minutes, run around your kitchen screaming because they smell so amazing, then pop a knife/cocktail stick in, check it's cooked all the way through and transfer to a cooling rack. I only did this for about five minutes then cut them so my mum, dad and I could eat a nice warm brownie! (Then my brother and his friend stole one each.. Be careful, you might get brownie-robbed.)

They were the perfect texture and taste - so i hope you enjoyed them! If you make them PLEEEEAAASE tweet a picture to me!

Bye!

Esh
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment