Pages

Saturday, September 8, 2012

How to make Homeade Chunky, Healthy, Hearty Vegan Pizza!

HELLOOOO!
I'm sorry I haven't done a recipe post in a while! :O
I've been a tad busy with school and shizz, but here I am again!

This pizza is SO GOOD. I have had many arguments with my brother and his friends over this, but I MUCH prefer chunky, healthy, hearty homeade pizza rather than greasy, cheesy, no-vegetable pizza out of carboard boxes - so if you are like me and prefer homeade pizza, give this a go! Also you can make it non-vegan by adding mozzarella on top if you'd like ^_^

For zis, you will need:

  • 450g of strong bread flour
  • 1tsp of salt
  • 1tsp of sugar (I don't think it matters too much, but, however much I love and PREFER brown sugar, i don't think it would work in this so try castar or granulated)
  • 2 sachets/7g of fast action dried yeast
  • 300ml of warm water
  • 2 tpsp of olive oil
And for the toppings, choose any you wish!

First of all, sift the flour into a large bowl, then stir in the sugar, salt, and yeast (note: yeast smells icky.) Then add the water (mine was luke-warm, and it probably should've been WARM, not hot, not lukewarm, but WARM) and oil.
Stir with a wooden spoon just to make sure it's combined a little but as soon as it starts turning into a dough, WASH YOUR HANDS and start pulling the dough into a nice smooth ball. 
Knead for 10 minutes (it takes patience - I knead-ed for two minutes then called mum to do it because it turns out that I cannot knead.) until elastic-y.
Then, leave in a bowl in a warm-ish place (i.e. Not Antartica, which in the winter is usually minus 70 degrees celcius) with a damp tea towel or cling film covering it. Then wait and after one hour plus (until it's doubled in size), knead again for around two minutes. 
My mum and i made a huge pizza in a large tray sort of pan, but it says in the recipe to divide into two pizzas, then leave to rise on the tin/tins for ten minutes.
Whilst rising, cut up your veggies! I chose red pepper, cherry tomatoes, sweetcorn (i LOOOOOVE sweetcorn on my pizza!), basil, and courgette (mum added olives and onion to hers) ALSO add garlic if you like that garlic-y taste.
Once risen again, spread tomato sauce lightly over the pizza, just brushing the crust VERY lightly so it doesn't burn - then add your toppings, and drizzle/brush with a tiny bit of olive oil to prevent burning. Then put it in a hot hot oven at 220 degrees celcius, and cook until.. Well, until it's cooked (sorry! But it should look slightly brown on the crust, and all the veggies should have a nice colour to them so around 15-20 minutes) just keep on checking ;)


AND VOILA! There is your chunky perfect rustique pizza!

1 comment:

  1. That looks amazing!!!!! I can't wait to eat pizza like that!

    www.momentsunexpected.com

    ReplyDelete